Sunday, November 25, 2012

WHO ARE YOU?



So this week is going to be one of the most hectic weeks of my academic life as I'm slated to have at least 8 tests within four days and they are all wicked difficult courses (OK, not all but most ;)). Just thinking of how I would go through it all is disheartening. :( I've even started thinking if I'm actually meant for Engineering or if it has all just been a huge mistake and/or misleading.
This feeling is reminiscent of something my pastor told me last summer. He sent for me on several occasions but I always evaded until one fateful day, I was bold man enough to go and hear just what he had to say. And he went on and on with the usual salutations and enquiries about my family, life and studies. Then he asked me a question, "Who are you?" I was actually somewhat bewildered and I answered, "I'm Daniel :D". He hissed and laughed and asked me again if I knew who I was. Still confused, I decided to tell him that I had absolutely no idea who I was. And he gave it as an assignment for me to find out who I am and what my purpose on earth is. He also cut me some slack by telling me to ask the Holy Spirit if at all I needed clarification at any point in the 'assignment'.
Long story short, it has been a hell heck of an experience so far (even though I know I still have a loooooooooong way to go and all) but I'm just here to charge you, the reader, whoever and wherever you may be, to ask yourself that Ga-zillion dollar question: "WHO AM I?" And if you can't answer that easily and without hesitation, I suggest you embark on your own journey of self-discovery as soon as possible. And take my pastor's advice ;). Have a lovely week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly drop a comment below

Powered By Blogger