Thursday, April 25, 2013

FULFILL YOUR PASSION or FILL YOUR POCKET ¯\..(•͡.̮ •͡ )../¯

Hey guys.

I did mention that I was on internship. Well, it so happens that I am 'working' at a helicopter company (Caverton Helicopters) in Lagos.
Let me also mention that I'm in love with aeroplanes and other aircraft. I have always been fascinated by them but I got convinced that I wanted to interact with 'em professionally when I lost a dear aunt to a plane crash in October 2005 barely 7 days to her much anticipated wedding. [May her soul rest in peace]
But I have always loved from the outside. Having a glimpse of the industry through this internship, I have come to know that the pay isn't all that worth the 'stress' involved.
I want a good life for my future family and let's be frank, 'passion' ain't gonna put bread on the table. (X_X)

Also, I just bagged an offer for internship at ExxonMobil (which is currently the richest company in the world $.̮$) and there's little or no work involved as compared to the aviation sector with incomparable rewards in legal tender *cha-ching* and other benefits.
And presently, I have an academic standing good enough for both fields but the dilemma is bewildering.

Well, for now, I'm sticking to passion with high hopes that, in the nearest future, the pay increases. But if not, hmmm... I'm porting to oil oooo *lol*

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿, nyc 1 Daniel, I feel what your talking about....or am sure that there are wayz ╈☺ link both 2gether, aviation industry and oil industry I mean, and also, pleaso ooo, don't ruun away 4rm what you luv only ╈☺ regret it l8r on, who knows, you may b'com Nigeria's saviour in the aviation sector

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Thanks and a big Amen to that \(*_*)/
      I'm guessing this is Osas Vanessa. Hmmmm.... /:)

      Delete

Kindly drop a comment below

Powered By Blogger