Friday, December 28, 2012

ALL I WANT FOR GRADUATION IS...


So one of my friends just concluded her Master's Degree from Imperial College, London right after bagging a Second Class - Upper Division Honors degree from the University of Manchester. Well, she got back 3 weeks ago and as happy as her parents were, they decided to throw her a surprise party. And as if that was not enough, she was further surprised with a brand new car as her "Congratulations!!!" gift. Then it got me thinking. I mean, I'm thankful for my own 'wonderful' parents who, even though they don't pamper me with luxuries, I still get stuff which a whole lot of people don't enjoy tho! But honestly, I felt rather jealous. Mostly, because my father is not really the complimentary type.

I remember in my 12th grade - last year in high school and all, I had been among the best 7 students in my own class all high-school-long but I never scaled past the 3rd position :(. Miraculously, that particular term, I managed to bag the first position and I was damn elated (like... FINALLY!!! \(´▽`)/). Then I went to my dad, all excited and all, then all I got back was, "You tried". The only expression I could give at that moment was (-_-) . Well, eventually, he got me a "Well done" cake and it was worth a whole lot to me, coming from someone like my dad.

Now, back to the present!! I'm currently in my 4th year in uni but I still have till 2014 to graduate cos I'm offering a 5-year course. After the gift my friend got, I was just wondering if my dad would get me a private jet anything after my graduation and what it might be. I mean, by the Grace of God, I would be leaving with a First Class Degree in Mechanical Engineering *wide smile*. I'm just anxiously waiting to see if my dad can actually 'surprise' me. *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly drop a comment below

Powered By Blogger